Comments and netiquette
To raise the reading value and strengthen the dialogue with readers, visitors to Ministry for Foreign Affairs blogs can comment on posts or contribute ideas to the Development Policy Blog. However, certain conditions must be met if the comment is to remain on the blog:
- Netiquette must be observed (see below).
- The comment must be relevant to the post or the subject.
- The comment must be in Swedish or English.
Netiquette on Ministry for Foreign Affairs blogs
When using Ministry for Foreign Affairs blogs, please maintain a courteous tone and do not:
- encourage or incite crime or spread material written by others that encourages or incites crime;
- make or spread statements that discriminate or refer to a person’s race, skin colour, gender, religion, membership of an ethnic group or sexual orientation;
- spread pornographic images;
- make or spread statements that are offensive or defamatory;
- conduct or spread marketing for one’s own commercial activities or those of others;
- threat or harass
- claim to be someone else.
Copyright must be respected. Therefore, always request permission if you wish to copy or use a computer program, text, image, video or sound that someone else has created or has the rights to and where freedom of use is not clearly stated. Similarly, do not use anyone else’s name or photograph/image without their permission.